Target Acquisition Gear is an infrared laser for the purpose of guiding LRMs onto the target, thereby increasing the hit rate and damage, while also reducing lock on time. In the current stage of beta, it also slightly tightens the grouping of LRMs and increases accuracy of Streak SRMs slightly. The TAG Laser uses one energy hardpoint. Much like the Artemis IV FCS, TAG also requires Line of Sight (LOS) between the launching 'Mech and the target for the increase in accuracy to take effect on LRM's.
TAG is a very effective way to nullify the sensor scrambling abilities of ECM. When a 'Mech with ECM is lased with TAG, they are immediately revealed on all friendly units radar. The spotting 'Mech must remain outside the range of the enemies ECM for it to be able to relay the sensor and targeting information to friendly 'Mechs.
At A Glance
- 50% bonus to missile tracking strength
- Target lock takes 25% longer to decay
- Decreases missile lock on time by 50%
- Must be mounted on an energy Hardpoint
- Displays an icon (a small crosshair symbol) above the target's red triangle icon in HUD to display to team-mates that target is being lased.
- Effect lasts for 1 second after each laser "hit".
- Generates no heat, recommend using continuous fire.
- TAG completely nullifies ECM (One target only) if the beam is held on the target from beyond the ECM's range.
- TAG effect HUD Icon
- Provides the same bonuses to accuracy and targeting as the Narc Beacon
- Using TAG and NARC together decreases weapon lock on time by 75% 
- Using TAG and NARC together increases missile tracking strength by 75% 
- TAG requires a beam be held on target while the Narc requires you to hit your target with a missile