|This article may need cleanup to meet quality standards.
Please help Discussion page may contain suggestions.
Please help if you can. The Discussion page may contain suggestions.
|Ambient Temperature:||26° C|
|Atm. Pressure:||Standard (Breathable)|
|Number of Satellites:||0|
|Surface Water:||67 percent|
|Star Type (Recharge Time):||K8V, orange (199 Hours)|
|Position in System:||3|
|Time to Jump Point:||3.47 days|
|Noble Ruler:||Duchess Fran Gustov|
|HPG Class Type:||B|
|Highest Native Life:||Amphibians|
River City is an urban combat map featuring a river running through the middle and plenty of buildings hide behind it is also one of the smallest maps in MWO and is identical to the River City Night map.
- The large building that dominates the center of the map is known as "The Citadel".
- The B2 grid is known as upper city.
- D4 and C4 are known as lower city.
- The tunnel under the base in B2 is known as tunnel or the underpass.
- The area under the bridge in B3 and C3.
- The starting bases are in B4 and D2.
- One is elevated with a tunnel underneath. On top is ringed with buildings while the center has very little cover of any kind. Notable is a Dropship that provides some cover.
- The other is in a dock area of low buildings. Some taller Mechs will have a hard time finding adequate cover to not be seen behind in this area.
- Additional capture zones are in B1,C3 and E5.
- Down the center of the map is a river that must be crossed to reach the other base. This river has a few narrow (for Mechs) bridges but is also able to be waded through, though not all of the walls can be gotten over without jump jets.
The three most common pick up game tactics are:
- "down the city and across the water":
- "across the water and down the city":
- "camp at base": sitting at your base and wait for them to come to you. This is week against distance combatants like LRMcats and a skilled sniper builds since you have to have at least some Mechs visible to know they are coming and which way while the city on both sides is full of cover. It is strong against short range combatants, especially when they decide to cross the water after going down the city.
- Use the cover on this map to your advantage.
- The top of the citadel makes an excellent observation point.
- This is a smaller map and conquest matches are usually won by destroying all the enemy mechs.
- Be careful near the edges as this is an easy map to go out of bounds, even without Jump Jets.
- Maps compare table (needs to be added)