The HBK-GI "Grid Iron" is the Hero variant of the Hunchback. It has the characteristic "hunch" with quirks that emphasize the Gauss Rifle and Medium Pulse Lasers. It comes from the factory with Double Heat Sinks, Endo-Steel, and an XL engine. Unfortunately, since Gauss Rifles explode like ammo, the XL engine tends to be more of a downside. Like all Hero 'Mechs, the HBK-GI provides a 30% C-Bill bonus.
- Good torso twist range
- Medium Pulse Laser Range quirk
- Gauss Rifle Cooldown quirk
- The Gauss Rifle is liable to explode, and that knocks out the XL engine.
- Consider giving up the SRM launcher and switching to a standard engine. Then add CASE to the RT.
Online Mech Lab Tools
This online Mech Lab tool will let you build any load outs without having to purchase the 'Mech or spend C-Bills first.
Mech Build Guides
Get help, discuss, or show off your custom 'Mechs on the forums:
- HBK-GI.mdf file (Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Game\Objects.pak\Objects\mechs\Hunchback\HBK-GI.mdf)